How to Apply for a Bikes Belong Grant
Before you fill out an application, please be sure you have read the Grant Seeker's Guide and that you’ve carefully examined the Who Can Apply section of our website to be sure that your project proposal is eligible for funding through the Bikes Belong Grants Program.
Bikes Belong will only accept the Community Partnership Grant Application for the 2013 grant cycle. Proposals submitted on Facility or Advocacy application forms will not be considered. For more information on the Community Partnership Grants, please see the Guidelines.
In an effort to green our grants process, Bikes Belong has moved to paperless applications. Applications are now accepted via e-mail only.
Please click on the Community Partnership Grant Application link to download the Microsoft Word files (into which you can type your answers).
- Facilities Grant Application
- Advocacy Grant Application
- Community Partnership Grant Application
Note: The Community Partnership Grant Application was revised on 3/29/13. Applicants no longer need to estimate community bike commute share as directed in Appendix A.
The completed application consists of three main parts. Please submit the following material via e-mail in ONE pdf file, with your project title in the subject line. Your e-mail message should not exceed 10 MB.
- Cover Letter: The letter should introduce your organization and proposal. It should appear as the first page of the pdf.
- Application: This section includes the Administrative Information Form and the Grant Application Narrative. It should not exceed seven pages
- Supporting Material: Support letters from partner organizations, a list of your board members, a project map or plan, media articles, a copy of your IRS determination letter (for non-profit organizations) and your organization's financials conclude the proposal. If you are a municipality or government agency, please provide a link to your most recent financial documents.
*Support letters from partner organizations outlining their role and contribution to the project are KEY to your proposal. Please ask your supporters to address their letters to the Bikes Belong Grant Committee, as form letters will not be considered.
Additional information is not encouraged unless it is absolutely essential to our understanding of your project. We will contact you should we need further information on which to base a decision.
We no longer accept mailed or faxed applications. All application materials must be submitted together, via e-mail, as ONE pdf file—no exceptions. Incomplete or excessively long applications will not be considered.
Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response acknowledging receipt shortly thereafter.
Grant Application Schedule
Bikes Belong reviews applications one-three times per year. Applications must be e-mailed by the due date in order to be considered for the ensuing decision date. See Schedules & Deadlines.