Promoting Your Project
Now that you have received your grant, you can use that news to thank those that helped you, spread the word about your project, organization and mission, and build support for all three. Here are some tips to making the most out of your grant award.
Say Thank You ...
- To anyone who helped you write your grant
- To your board, advisory committee, or other group providing guidance or oversight
- To any person, organization or business who wrote you a letter of support
- To the Bikes Belong members who fund the Grants Program
Share Your Success...
- With elected leaders so they know about this great benefit to your community and understand the importance and reach of support for bicycling. Include your mayor, city council members, county commissioners, state house and senate representatives, congressional representatives, and senators.
- With the media by sending out a press release; see a sample press release to help you write yours
- With your members, partners, and other affiliated groups by posting the news on your website, in newsletters, or through other outreach efforts
- Through social media like Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about your project and its success
- By keeping supporters, volunteers, partners and community members informed of your progress. Let them know about funding secured, project milestones reached, and special events.
- With recognition and celebration - schedule a groundbreaking event to kick off your project and a ribbon-cutting to applaud its successful completion - and invite your elected leaders!
- With Bikes Belong! Keep us updated on the status of your project and let us know about any big events or developments.