Bikes Belong seeks Senior Marketing Manager
January 20, 2012
Senior Marketing Manager
This individual will directly oversee, manage, and produce all marketing and communications for Bikes Belong Coalition and Foundation. This is a full time position, based in our Boulder office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly oversees, manages, and produces all marketing and communications efforts for Bikes Belong
• Collaborates in the ongoing development of the Bikes Belong and Peopleforbikes.org brands
• Works closely with the Vice President and Finance Director to adhere to budget guidelines and deliver on marketing objectives
• Plans and oversees the advertising and promotion activities for Bikes Belong and Peopleforbikes.org
• Assists in managing other employees, as it relates to marketing projects
• Works with team to write and edit newsletters, brochures, annual reports, press releases, advertisements, and other marketing collateral
• Directs strategy for the Peopleforbikes.org individual outreach campaign
• Directs the development, maintenance, and content of the Bikes Belong website and the Peopleforbikes.org website
• Collaborates with Vice President and President on PR strategy and oversees management of PR agency.
• Interfaces and coordinates with vendors, including marketing consultants, advertising agencies, website companies, photographers, printers, etc.
• Plans and coordinates booth materials for trade shows and other events; staffs booths
• Plans, coordinates, and provides art direction for photo shoots
• Contributes to the upkeep and maintenance of a small office
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
• At least 5 years prior experience in marketing and/or communications.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency with design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Skills in photography and a keen eye for look and design
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Experience managing websites and creating content for the web
• Good interpersonal skills and able to cooperate and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor and outside contacts
• Excellent organizational skills as well as proficiency in verbal and written communication
• Team-oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other individuals
• Work well under pressure
• Attentive to detail
• Self-directed and able to carry out assignments without supervision
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Enthusiasm for bicycling in all its forms
• Direct experience in the bicycling or outdoor industry highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
The organization pays a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is included.
How to Apply:
• All materials should be received by Tuesday, Jan. 31.
• The position will remain open until filled.
• Telephone inquiries are not accepted.
• Please include “Marketing Manager” and your name in the subject line of your email application.
Bikes Belong is an equal opportunity employer.
The Bikes Belong Coalition (bikesbelong.org) is the U.S. bicycle industry organization dedicated to getting more people riding bikes more often. Bikes Belong works to increase federal bike funding, awards grants to support innovative bike projects, promotes bicycling and its benefits, and backs crucial national efforts such as Safe Routes to School, Bicycle Friendly Communities, and the National Bike Summit. The affiliated Bikes Belong Foundation focuses on improving bicycle safety and enhancing children's bike programs. Bikes Belong also manages the Peopleforbikes.org campaign, an unprecedented effort to unite one million Americans behind a pledge in support of better bicycling in the U.S.