Supporting members of Congress who support bicycling
BikesPAC—the bicycle industry’s bipartisan political action committee—is an important part of our strategy to maximize federal funding for bicycling. Through BikesPAC, we collect donations from individuals and contribute the money to the campaigns of members of Congress who back bicycling.
So far in 2012, we held one BikesPAC fundraisers at the National Bike Summit. Our next BikesPAC fundraiser will be held in conjunction with Interbike 2012 in Las Vegas.
BikesPAC donations enable us to:
- Reinforce the bicycle industry’s goals and agenda with federal lawmakers
- Distinguish our industry from other industries that ask but don’t give
- Establish relationships with important committee chairs in decision-making roles
- Build visibility for Bikes Belong and our industry
- Demonstrate a broad-based commitment to our industry’s growth
To ensure that federal funding for bicycle facilities continues, our industry needs to support BikesPAC.